COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Rescued, rehabbed sea turtles will be returned to the Gulf Tuesday.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other key federal, state and private partners are participating.
Previously oiled endangered Kemp’s ridley sea turtles that were rescued off the coasts of Louisiana, Alabama and Florida will be released. Severla sea turtles stranded in Mississippi and brought to Florida for rehabilitation also will be released.
37 of them were covered in oil. Five of them were found in the oil response area.
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th