|Published:||Aug 31, 2010 11:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2010 8:09 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Sheriff Mike Scott said a love triangle involving two of his male deputies and a female civilian got out of control, leading to a sergeant being fired.
Sergeant Christopher Arey is accused of threatening Deputy Steve Coles after learning the two were dating the same woman.
Deputy Coles went to his superiors and reported the threat along with admitting to a lunch break lovemaking session with the woman.
That, according to the Sheriff, is a violation of policy even though the deputy was technically on his lunch break.
Sergeant Ayre will have to look for another job while Corporal Coles faces a two week suspension with a probationary period to follow.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court