LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Sheriff Mike Scott said a love triangle involving two of his male deputies and a female civilian got out of control, leading to a sergeant being fired.
Sergeant Christopher Arey is accused of threatening Deputy Steve Coles after learning the two were dating the same woman.
Deputy Coles went to his superiors and reported the threat along with admitting to a lunch break lovemaking session with the woman.
That, according to the Sheriff, is a violation of policy even though the deputy was technically on his lunch break.
Sergeant Ayre will have to look for another job while Corporal Coles faces a two week suspension with a probationary period to follow.
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th