|Published:||Aug 31, 2010 11:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2010 8:09 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Sheriff Mike Scott said a love triangle involving two of his male deputies and a female civilian got out of control, leading to a sergeant being fired.
Sergeant Christopher Arey is accused of threatening Deputy Steve Coles after learning the two were dating the same woman.
Deputy Coles went to his superiors and reported the threat along with admitting to a lunch break lovemaking session with the woman.
That, according to the Sheriff, is a violation of policy even though the deputy was technically on his lunch break.
Sergeant Ayre will have to look for another job while Corporal Coles faces a two week suspension with a probationary period to follow.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis