MIAMI (AP) - A former Argentine military officer must wait a little longer to find out if he will be extradited from the U.S. to face charges he was involved in a 1972 massacre of leftist guerrillas.
A Miami federal judge said at a hearing Tuesday he would issue a written decision in a few weeks in the case of 68-year-old Roberto Guillermo Bravo.
Argentina wants Bravo to stand trial on 16 counts of murder and other charges stemming from the 1972 killings. Bravo's attorney says he is innocent of any crime and was previously cleared by an Argentine military investigation.
Bravo also contends Argentine politics is behind the extradition.
Bravo is a naturalized U.S. citizen who has lived in South Florida since 1973.
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs
- Rev up your lawnmowers for grasscar racing