|Published:||Aug 31, 2010 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2010 1:12 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County Commissioners approved taking out bonds to pay for construction of a new Red Sox stadium. The new stadium and training facility will be built on 100 acres of land on Daniels Parkway north of the airport.
Commissioners voted 4 to 1 to borrow the money to be repaid over the next 30 years. The county will pay 81 to 82 million dollars for the bonds.
The interest rate will be set when they take out the loan in the next few weeks.
The bonds will be repaid taxes that visitors pay on hotel room rentals.
The new stadium will open in the winter of 2012.
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
- Bicyclist remains in critical condition after morning crash
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Charities give to needy kids, regardless of family history
- The road ahead for Radel's treatment