|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 9:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 6:50 PM EDT|
PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) - A missing Volusia County woman and her ex-boyfriend were found dead from apparent gunshot wounds in a Port Orange hotel room.
Police say hotel staff found the bodies of 22-year-old Loni Amber Turner and 27-year-old Erin Ross Monday morning.
Authorities began searching for Turner Sunday after she failed to show up for work. She had reportedly broken up with Ross in April, but friends say the man continued to send her text messages and follow her around. Friends also say Ross had threatened suicide.
Police say there were signs of confrontation in the room but wouldn't release details about what happened.
Turner petitioned for an injunction for protection against Ross last week but was denied by a judge. A hearing on her request was set for Friday.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges