|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 9:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 6:50 PM EDT|
PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) - A missing Volusia County woman and her ex-boyfriend were found dead from apparent gunshot wounds in a Port Orange hotel room.
Police say hotel staff found the bodies of 22-year-old Loni Amber Turner and 27-year-old Erin Ross Monday morning.
Authorities began searching for Turner Sunday after she failed to show up for work. She had reportedly broken up with Ross in April, but friends say the man continued to send her text messages and follow her around. Friends also say Ross had threatened suicide.
Police say there were signs of confrontation in the room but wouldn't release details about what happened.
Turner petitioned for an injunction for protection against Ross last week but was denied by a judge. A hearing on her request was set for Friday.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing