MIAMI (AP) - A tiger was briefly on the loose at a Miami animal attraction.
Authorities say the tiger somehow escaped Saturday morning from its enclosure at Jungle Island.
The animal was captured after about an hour.
Miami police say frantic visitors called to report spotting the animal on the park's grounds. After officers arrived, park employees lured the tiger into a cage.
Miami Fire Rescue Lt. Ignatius Carroll says a handful of frightened visitors were evaluated after sprinting toward safety, including one woman who said the tiger followed her until she hid in a bathroom. No other injuries were reported.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is investigating.
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th