|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:44 PM EDT|
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Southern governors meeting in Hoover, Ala., are focusing on recovery in the Gulf of Mexico and energy security.
Two officials from the Obama administration, senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and assistant secretary of Interior Wilma Lewis, are scheduled to address the Southern Governors' Association on Monday.
The session will wrap up the governors' four-day convention, where Alabama Gov. Bob Riley has served as the host.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses