|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:44 PM EDT|
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Southern governors meeting in Hoover, Ala., are focusing on recovery in the Gulf of Mexico and energy security.
Two officials from the Obama administration, senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and assistant secretary of Interior Wilma Lewis, are scheduled to address the Southern Governors' Association on Monday.
The session will wrap up the governors' four-day convention, where Alabama Gov. Bob Riley has served as the host.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect