|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:44 PM EDT|
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Southern governors meeting in Hoover, Ala., are focusing on recovery in the Gulf of Mexico and energy security.
Two officials from the Obama administration, senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and assistant secretary of Interior Wilma Lewis, are scheduled to address the Southern Governors' Association on Monday.
The session will wrap up the governors' four-day convention, where Alabama Gov. Bob Riley has served as the host.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday