|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:15 PM EDT|
AVENTURA, Fla. (AP) - About a dozen teenagers have been arrested in a South Florida mall melee that prompted the response of at least five different police departments.
Authorities say the Aventura brawl erupted late Saturday after the youths showed up for the opening of two movies - "Lottery Ticket" and "Takers." It created a chaotic scene, with several hundred people fleeing in a melee that began in a long line at the box office and spread to theaters, across the mall and into the parking lot.
None of the movie-goers or alleged assailants were hurt, but several officers received minor injuries. They used stun guns to subdue several suspects, and arrested at least three on felony charges of battery on an officer and violently resisting arrest.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns