|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:15 PM EDT|
AVENTURA, Fla. (AP) - About a dozen teenagers have been arrested in a South Florida mall melee that prompted the response of at least five different police departments.
Authorities say the Aventura brawl erupted late Saturday after the youths showed up for the opening of two movies - "Lottery Ticket" and "Takers." It created a chaotic scene, with several hundred people fleeing in a melee that began in a long line at the box office and spread to theaters, across the mall and into the parking lot.
None of the movie-goers or alleged assailants were hurt, but several officers received minor injuries. They used stun guns to subdue several suspects, and arrested at least three on felony charges of battery on an officer and violently resisting arrest.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim