|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 8:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 5:42 PM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida woman has been charged in the death of her son, who was left in a hot sport utility vehicle last week.
Miami-Dade police say 39-year-old Maytee Martinez was charged Saturday with aggravated manslaughter. She was being held on $10,000 bail.
Police report that the boy was found Friday in an SUV parked outside his family's south Miami-Dade home. Rescuer workers took the child to a nearby hospital in critical condition, but he later died.
The Florida Department of Children & Families was also investigating the child death. A DCF spokes woman say the agency has a history with the family.
Jail records didn't say whether Martinez had an attorney.
- Deputies arrest Pop Warner football coach on drug charges
- Charlotte County roofer gets help for dog with a broken leg
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- New South Fla. threat: invasive rock pythons
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Burglary suspect caught on camera using stolen cards
- Teen, 15, found hanging in north Florida
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home