|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 8:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 5:42 PM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida woman has been charged in the death of her son, who was left in a hot sport utility vehicle last week.
Miami-Dade police say 39-year-old Maytee Martinez was charged Saturday with aggravated manslaughter. She was being held on $10,000 bail.
Police report that the boy was found Friday in an SUV parked outside his family's south Miami-Dade home. Rescuer workers took the child to a nearby hospital in critical condition, but he later died.
The Florida Department of Children & Families was also investigating the child death. A DCF spokes woman say the agency has a history with the family.
Jail records didn't say whether Martinez had an attorney.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Governor Scott signs bill to expand early voting days