|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:59 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Earlier this month, the staff at Dr. Carrie D. Robinson Littleton Elementary was notified that they were awarded a grant for $6,590 to support service learning within the Environmental Education program.
This grant will support teachers using innovative teaching strategies as well as to enhance the motivation of students by making what they learn relevant to their daily lives. Service-Learning is intentionally used as an instructional strategy to meet learning goals and/or content standards.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting