|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:59 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Earlier this month, the staff at Dr. Carrie D. Robinson Littleton Elementary was notified that they were awarded a grant for $6,590 to support service learning within the Environmental Education program.
This grant will support teachers using innovative teaching strategies as well as to enhance the motivation of students by making what they learn relevant to their daily lives. Service-Learning is intentionally used as an instructional strategy to meet learning goals and/or content standards.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013