|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 11:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 5:52 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Two deputies have been demoted for botching a burglary investigation that lead to a deadly high speed crash.
In July of last year deputies took off after two burglary suspects. As they flew down Palm Beach Boulevard, a car made a U-turn and slammed into an unmarked deputy cruiser. The driver was killed.
Sergeant Kevin Karlsen and Detective William Lucas both lost rank for messing up the original burglary investigation.
An internal affairs report said the two didn't pass along correct information from witnesses to that burglary.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash