|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:09 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - An autopsy is planned for a Georgia man who died while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico off the Florida Panhandle.
Panama City Beach police say 26-year-old Kyle Galloway of Cookeville, Ga., was swimming with two friends early Saturday. The others lost contact with Galloway after they were hit by a wave.
A Coast Guard helicopter spotted Galloway's body later in the morning. The body was taken to the medical examiner's office.
Red flags have been flying to caution swimmers about rough surf conditions. It's the third apparent drowning in four days.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death