PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - An autopsy is planned for a Georgia man who died while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico off the Florida Panhandle.
Panama City Beach police say 26-year-old Kyle Galloway of Cookeville, Ga., was swimming with two friends early Saturday. The others lost contact with Galloway after they were hit by a wave.
A Coast Guard helicopter spotted Galloway's body later in the morning. The body was taken to the medical examiner's office.
Red flags have been flying to caution swimmers about rough surf conditions. It's the third apparent drowning in four days.
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- Recent LCSO arrest totals 3 deputies handcuffed since April
- ABATE Bears for Bears drive under way
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America