|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:04 PM EDT|
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - Central Florida authorities are investigating the death of a jail inmate.
Polk County Sheriff's detectives say 46-year-old Gerald Jacobs died early Saturday at a hospital.
According to a sheriff's report, Jacobs began complaining of severe stomach pains. He was transported to the jail infirmary and then to a hospital, where he died.
An autopsy was scheduled Sunday to determine the cause of death. The sheriff's office has begun an internal review of Jacobs' death.
Authorities say Jacobs was serving a 120-day sentence in the Polk County jail for one count of violation of probation battery domestic violence and one count of violation of probation resisting arrest without violence.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis