|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:04 PM EDT|
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - Central Florida authorities are investigating the death of a jail inmate.
Polk County Sheriff's detectives say 46-year-old Gerald Jacobs died early Saturday at a hospital.
According to a sheriff's report, Jacobs began complaining of severe stomach pains. He was transported to the jail infirmary and then to a hospital, where he died.
An autopsy was scheduled Sunday to determine the cause of death. The sheriff's office has begun an internal review of Jacobs' death.
Authorities say Jacobs was serving a 120-day sentence in the Polk County jail for one count of violation of probation battery domestic violence and one count of violation of probation resisting arrest without violence.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit