|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:39 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A Delta flight going from Miami to New York landed safely at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport instead because it failed to achieve adequate cabin pressure after takeoff.
Airport officials said Delta flight 173, an MD-88 jet, had 142 passengers and five crewmembers aboard and it landed in Fort Lauderdale at 8:15 a.m.
Delta Airlines spokesman Anthony Black says the plane was diverted as a cautionary measure.
The flight had a scheduled departure of 7 a.m. and was to arrive in New York at 10 a.m.
Another MD-88 was provided for the passengers.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption