|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 10:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 29, 2010 9:11 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. - Lee County deputies say a two year old has been hospitalized after being rescued from a hot car.
Deputies say the child was in a minivan for about 45 minutes. The vehicle was parked outside the Coconut Point mall in Estero. Authorities say the child was unconscious but alive when rescued.
Diego Agostino and Annamarie Torri were arrested and charged with neglect.
Deputies had to break a car window to get to the child. When the toddler's parents arrived to the car 30 minutes after the rescue, the child's father was upset the window to his van was broken. He also told a deputy to turn his cruiser off because he was polluting the air.
The couple also have another child. At the time, the 7-year-old was in the Target store alone.
There's no word at this point on who left the child in the vehicle or what charges might be filed.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash