|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 11:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 8:07 PM EDT|
PINE ISLAND, Fla. - Guy Glinski turned 97 today, and like years past, had something of a surprise up his sleeve.
Guy first contacted WINK News in 2003 when he turned 90, because he wanted to go skydiving. Since then, the Bokeelia man has taken up exercise, started a vegetarian diet and played the harmonica in a church band.
His latest twist? His niece completed a family tree book that shows Guy is an uncle to 263 people. He says his sister Evelyn and her husband had 12 kids in 12 years, and that started the ball rolling. "They were very busy," says Guy, "they didn't sleep much."
Guy says he plans to continue his regimen of visiting family, friends, riding his bike and driving his truck. He also plans on celebrating his 100th birthday by skydiving.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids