|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 1:12 PM EDT|
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - Three divers needed rescue in the Florida Keys after their boat's anchor came loose and the vessel drifted away with three children on board.
The Coast Guard says the three adults were diving when the 26-foot vessel went adrift off Key Largo on Saturday afternoon.
The children notified the Coast Guard when strong currents kept the divers from reaching the boat.
Authorities say a good Samaritan located the drifting boat with the three children on board and began the search for the divers.
All three divers were recovered from the water in good condition.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart