MIAMI (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard has returned to Cuba 25 migrants found floating off Florida shores.
The migrants were interdicted at sea in three separate incidents last week.
The Coast Guard says two migrants were spotted Friday floating on a plastic foam raft about 8 miles east of Islamorada. A Coast Guard plane spotted 19 Cuban migrants about 30 miles north of Mariel, Cuba, on Wednesday and directed a cutter to them. Also on Wednesday, U.S. Customs and Border Protection plane spotted four migrants aboard a raft about 17 miles east of Sands Cut.
All the migrants received food, water, shelter and medical care aboard Coast Guard vessels.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond
- SWFL man's dream vacation turns into nightmare