|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 11:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 8:27 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - The problem is prescription pain drugs like Oxycontin and Oxycodone. Law enforcement in Charlotte County says they are being dolled out like candy.
Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Cameron says he's in a battle to fight one of the worst plagues to hit our area.
The sheriff says pain clinics or pill mills as they are known are at the heart of the problem.
Sheriff Cameron says the fight is an uphill battle because its all above the law.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling