|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is lumping President Barack Obama and Florida Gov. Charlie Crist together while criticizing their positions on abortion.
Palin said that Obama is the most pro-abortion president ever and that his health care plan will expand access to the procedure.
She also mocked Crist, who recently left the Republican Party, for still claiming to be pro-life after he vetoed a bill that would have required women to get ultrasounds before having an abortion.
She made her remarks at a fundraiser Thursday for a group that helps pregnant women get support.
Crist is running for the U.S. Senate as an independent. He faces Republican Marco Rubio and Democrat Kendrick Meek.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court