|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is lumping President Barack Obama and Florida Gov. Charlie Crist together while criticizing their positions on abortion.
Palin said that Obama is the most pro-abortion president ever and that his health care plan will expand access to the procedure.
She also mocked Crist, who recently left the Republican Party, for still claiming to be pro-life after he vetoed a bill that would have required women to get ultrasounds before having an abortion.
She made her remarks at a fundraiser Thursday for a group that helps pregnant women get support.
Crist is running for the U.S. Senate as an independent. He faces Republican Marco Rubio and Democrat Kendrick Meek.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys