|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 5:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 2:33 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A Bonita Springs man looses his life after he misses a caution sign and his car goes into a Collier County canal. The sign has just been put back up after a car hit it into the canal.
It happened on NW 5th Ave. off Collier Boulevard. Around 5:45, a call came into Florida highway Patrol that an SUV had sped down the road and crashed head on into the canal at the end with someone inside.
The 2004 Nissan Armada ran over a caution sign, went into the canal, and hit the sea wall on the other side.
The driver is he is 21 year old male from Bonita Springs.
Although his airbags did deploy during the crash, he was not wearing his seat belt and died from his injuries.
There's no telling why the driver missed the sign. There's no sign of skid marks on the road - indicating that he braked.
FHP is investigating.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city