|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 7:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 4:37 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A scam warning for Lee County Electric Cooperative customers: They say someone called, supposedly from LCEC, and went to a customer's home - unsolicited, trying to show them how to decrease their electric bills.
The customer refused to let the person into their home, and called police.
LCEC said it will never call and ask customers if they want energy audits.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students