|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 4:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 1:38 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Gambling cruises are returning to the Jacksonville area.
A new venture called Jacks or Better Casino will depart starting in October from the same Mayport dock that gambling boats previously used over the years.
It will fill a vacuum left by the bankruptcy of SunCruz casinos.
Jacks or Better Casino has bought a 155-foot vessel that is undergoing a top-to-bottom renovation at the Green Cove Springs shipyards.
The boat will have 200 slot machines, 14 gaming tables, and space for up to 500 passengers.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis