|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 10:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 7:26 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Hurricane Danielle has become a Category 4 storm far out over the Atlantic.
Danielle's maximum sustained winds increased Friday to near 135 mph (215 kph) with some additional strengthening possible.
Danielle is located about 545 miles (875 kilometers) southeast of Bermuda. The hurricane is forecast to pass east of Bermuda on Saturday night.
Also in the Atlantic, Tropical Earl is moving west with maximum sustained winds near 45 mph (75 kph).
And in the Pacific, Hurricane Frank has weakened slightly off Mexico's coast. Further weakening is expected over the next couple days as the hurricane moves over cooler waters.
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond