|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 10:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 7:26 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Hurricane Danielle has become a Category 4 storm far out over the Atlantic.
Danielle's maximum sustained winds increased Friday to near 135 mph (215 kph) with some additional strengthening possible.
Danielle is located about 545 miles (875 kilometers) southeast of Bermuda. The hurricane is forecast to pass east of Bermuda on Saturday night.
Also in the Atlantic, Tropical Earl is moving west with maximum sustained winds near 45 mph (75 kph).
And in the Pacific, Hurricane Frank has weakened slightly off Mexico's coast. Further weakening is expected over the next couple days as the hurricane moves over cooler waters.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break