|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 4:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 1:40 PM EDT|
SOUTH DAYTONA, Fla. (AP) - Police say a body found in a patch of woods in South Daytona is an unidentified man and not a missing 78-year-old woman.
Police are still asking for the public's help in finding Goldie May Robinson. Her son, Fred Roberts, reported her missing Sunday.
A neighbor says the widow got married unexpectedly and went on a honeymoon in the Carolinas. Police have labeled the disappearance "suspicious."
Authorities served a search warrant at the home of Robinson's neighbor Wednesday night. They haven't said if anything was found during the search.
The neighbor has not been implicated in the disappearance and is in jail without bail for violating probation. The original charge was fraudulent use of personal identification.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting