|Published:||Aug 27, 2010 4:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 27, 2010 1:40 PM EDT|
SOUTH DAYTONA, Fla. (AP) - Police say a body found in a patch of woods in South Daytona is an unidentified man and not a missing 78-year-old woman.
Police are still asking for the public's help in finding Goldie May Robinson. Her son, Fred Roberts, reported her missing Sunday.
A neighbor says the widow got married unexpectedly and went on a honeymoon in the Carolinas. Police have labeled the disappearance "suspicious."
Authorities served a search warrant at the home of Robinson's neighbor Wednesday night. They haven't said if anything was found during the search.
The neighbor has not been implicated in the disappearance and is in jail without bail for violating probation. The original charge was fraudulent use of personal identification.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm