|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 3:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 12:33 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Cameron reports that Melissa Ann Harding-Jones, formerly Melissa Cooper, “Will be extradited from Everett, Washington, back to our county within the next few days.”
Wednesday afternoon, she consented to extradition following her arrest Monday on charges of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child based on a failure of an obligation to protect in the Feb. 1999 death of the then Pilar Rodriguez.
CCSO Cold Case Unit Supervisor Mike Gandy said, “Our two investigators who are in Everett, are making arraignments to fly her back to Florida but no specific time or date has been made at this time.”
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school