|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 12:35 PM EDT|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Port St. Lucie woman charged with driving under the influence in Delray Beach reportedly had her 4-year-old daughter in the back seat.
Police say they pulled over 47-year-old Teresa Odom's car Tuesday night because she was swerving in and out of lanes on southbound Federal Highway. Officers say she was so intoxicated that she could barely stand up. The woman reportedly told police she had taken her daughter to a doctor's appointment in Jupiter and was on her way home to Port St. Lucie. Officers say she was unaware that she was in Delray Beach, driving in the opposite direction of her home.
Odom was arrested and charged with DUI and child neglect. She was released Wednesday on her own recognizance.
Officers called the child's father in Port St. Lucie Tuesday night to pick the girl up.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.