|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 12:35 PM EDT|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Port St. Lucie woman charged with driving under the influence in Delray Beach reportedly had her 4-year-old daughter in the back seat.
Police say they pulled over 47-year-old Teresa Odom's car Tuesday night because she was swerving in and out of lanes on southbound Federal Highway. Officers say she was so intoxicated that she could barely stand up. The woman reportedly told police she had taken her daughter to a doctor's appointment in Jupiter and was on her way home to Port St. Lucie. Officers say she was unaware that she was in Delray Beach, driving in the opposite direction of her home.
Odom was arrested and charged with DUI and child neglect. She was released Wednesday on her own recognizance.
Officers called the child's father in Port St. Lucie Tuesday night to pick the girl up.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser