|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 3:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 2:05 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Democrat Kendrick meet thanked a group of supporters at a victory party Wednesday night. The show of support came a day after Meek defeated billionaire Jeff Greene in the primary.
Meek thanked more than dozen people at the home of one supporter. The final stop was part of his 5-city swing across the state to celebrate his win. Meek said his overwhelming victory Tuesday night was a sign that money can't buy you an election.
The remark a direct shot at Naples businessman Rick Scott's expensive win over Attorney General Bill McCollum in the Republican primary for governor.
The victory party came on the day other candidates running for governor and the senate kicked off their fall campaigns with a new round of ads.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads