|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 3:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 12:40 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A Miami man who staged a one-night crime spree in October 2007 has pleaded guilty to several crimes and will serve a decade behind bars.
Twenty-two-year-old Wayne Proctor pleaded guilty to nine charges Wednesday, including armed robbery and aggravated battery. He was arrested after a tipster recognized Proctor from a police sketch.
Police say Proctor first bashed a woman on the head with a gun, then stole her purse. Then he accosted a couple visiting from St. Kitts, raping the woman and hitting the man with the gun and robbing them, then forcing them to drive their rental van around looking for more victims.
After that, police said Proctor robbed three New York tourists at gunpoint of their cell phones and jewelry.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads