|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 11:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 7:56 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - A woman cleaning up after a tenant skipped out on the rent, found a surprise discovery inside a forgotten couch.
Sally Ann Storsberg got the surprise of her life while searching through an old couch.
"I'm wrestling with it trying to get the cover off of the foam - and plop onto the tile falls out a little bundle," said Storsberg.
That little bundle was a roll of cash, $1,500 to be exact, wrapped in a hundred dollar bill.
"Oh I was counting it I was saying 'oh please, thank you!' One two three, oh another one and they're all hundred dollar bills,"
The couch had been through several tenants, but when the last 2 bailed on the rent, Storsberg decided to remodel the home.
Her daughter told her to throw the couch away, but something told Sally Ann to keep and reupholster it - needless to say she didn't let any other cushions go unturned, "I looked in the other one and there's another little chair and I'm going to look in that but just pay attention, sometimes if you throw things away you never quite know what might be in there."
Storsberg says the tenants left her in the hole for a little over $1,000.
She has already began testing her new luck by buying a lottery ticket, and planning a family trip with the cash.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- South Fla. Water Management District chief resigns
- Melbourne Beach mayor steps down amid tension
- Homes next to Seffner sinkhole to be demolished