|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 9:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 6:34 PM EDT|
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Officials and organizations from Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi are forming a new economic development coalition.
Dubbed "Ready 4 Takeoff," the new coalition is calling for, among other things, federal government purchases of seafood for the military, schools and other agencies to healp the Gulf seafood industry recover from the BP oil spill.
Also, the group says its supporting efforts that would bring a $40 billion Air Force tanker construction contract to Mobile, Ala.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI