|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 9:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 6:34 PM EDT|
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Officials and organizations from Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi are forming a new economic development coalition.
Dubbed "Ready 4 Takeoff," the new coalition is calling for, among other things, federal government purchases of seafood for the military, schools and other agencies to healp the Gulf seafood industry recover from the BP oil spill.
Also, the group says its supporting efforts that would bring a $40 billion Air Force tanker construction contract to Mobile, Ala.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis