|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 7:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 4:38 PM EDT|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Vince Gill will headline a free outdoor concert Sept. 25 in Walton County, Fla., to promote tourism in Florida's northwest Gulf Coast.
Dawn Moliterno, executive director of the Beaches of South Walton TDC, said Thursday in a statement released by Gill's publicist that the concert will help communities in the area with much needed economic recovery.
Set to the backdrop of the Choctawhatchee Bay, the concert will be held at The Links Golf Course driving range at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. It's been labeled "Back to the Beach."
Gill is a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law