|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 7:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 4:38 PM EDT|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Vince Gill will headline a free outdoor concert Sept. 25 in Walton County, Fla., to promote tourism in Florida's northwest Gulf Coast.
Dawn Moliterno, executive director of the Beaches of South Walton TDC, said Thursday in a statement released by Gill's publicist that the concert will help communities in the area with much needed economic recovery.
Set to the backdrop of the Choctawhatchee Bay, the concert will be held at The Links Golf Course driving range at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. It's been labeled "Back to the Beach."
Gill is a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys