|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 8:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 4:57 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Joyce Rogers of Ft. Myers is charged with a first degree felony for defrauding her employer over a four year period totaling more than $100,000.
In August 2009, John Ringland of Ringland Development and Community Self Storage caught Joyce Rogers stealing money that was to be deposited in the bank.
After a six month investigation by Detective Tracy Hataway with the Cape Coral Police Department, it was determined that Joyce Rogers had stolen over $100,000 during the four year period. Mrs. Rogers would manipulate monthly reports and delete information from her computer to keep the thefts hidden from Mr. Ringland and his accountant.
Joyce Rogers is currently free on bail and is awaiting trial.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption