|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 8:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 4:57 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Joyce Rogers of Ft. Myers is charged with a first degree felony for defrauding her employer over a four year period totaling more than $100,000.
In August 2009, John Ringland of Ringland Development and Community Self Storage caught Joyce Rogers stealing money that was to be deposited in the bank.
After a six month investigation by Detective Tracy Hataway with the Cape Coral Police Department, it was determined that Joyce Rogers had stolen over $100,000 during the four year period. Mrs. Rogers would manipulate monthly reports and delete information from her computer to keep the thefts hidden from Mr. Ringland and his accountant.
Joyce Rogers is currently free on bail and is awaiting trial.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida