|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 7:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 4:10 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Public Works Department is pleased to announce the arrival of its first hybrid hydraulic powered vehicle. The truck is a Peterbilt Model 320 equipped with Eaton Corporation’s hydraulic launch assist system (HLA).
This is the first hybrid hydraulic recycling truck in the State of Florida. The vehicle was purchased through a grant provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and the use of City funds. This vehicle is designed to provide up to 30% improvement in fuel economy, 30-40% reduction in emissions, and more than a 50% reduction in brake wear when operating in fuel economy mode.
The truck will be used daily to collect residential and commercial recycling operations throughout the City. This makes the recycling truck more environmentally friendly by decreasing emissions and reduces noise, as well.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit