|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 4:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 1:32 PM EDT|
DESOTO COUNTY, Fla. - The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for the Peace River in DeSoto County.
Heavy rain over the last several days has caused a steady rise in water height with the River reaching flood stage of 11 feet Saturday morning. The flooding is forecasted to peak on Monday near 11.9 feet, which is 1.9 feet above flood stage.
Residents in the low lying areas of the Peace River are advised to carry out precautionary measures to protect their property. Do not drive vehicles through flooded areas. Stay tuned to NOAA weather radio or other sources of local weather for the latest developments.
The next bulletin regarding this flooding will be issued Friday morning before noon.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling