|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 4:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 1:32 PM EDT|
DESOTO COUNTY, Fla. - The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for the Peace River in DeSoto County.
Heavy rain over the last several days has caused a steady rise in water height with the River reaching flood stage of 11 feet Saturday morning. The flooding is forecasted to peak on Monday near 11.9 feet, which is 1.9 feet above flood stage.
Residents in the low lying areas of the Peace River are advised to carry out precautionary measures to protect their property. Do not drive vehicles through flooded areas. Stay tuned to NOAA weather radio or other sources of local weather for the latest developments.
The next bulletin regarding this flooding will be issued Friday morning before noon.
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys