|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit detectives arrested an Oxycodone dealer and drug trafficker in an undercover operation Wednesday at 3285 Normandy Dr., in Port Charlotte.
Arrested were Ashley Marie Cox, 21, 1196 Vinita Ave., Port Charlotte, and Jeremy Steven Barger, 23, of the home where the drug deal occurred. Once a quantity of Oxycodone pills were purchased from Cox and Barger, back up units moved in and made the arrests.
Detectives said Cox sold Crack Cocaine in an undercover operation June 24 in the parking lot of a pharmacy at 2480 Tamiami Trail that led to yesterdays drug purchase at Barger’s home. Cox was charged with Trafficking in Oxycodone, Sale and Delivery of Crack Cocaine and Possession of Crack Cocaine. Barger and Cox were charged with Sale and Delivery of Oxycodone and Possession of Oxycodone from the sale Wednesday. They were transported to the Charlotte County Jail; Cox posted an $11,000 bond, Barger posted a $7,500 bond and they were released.
If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center