|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 1:29 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit detectives arrested an Oxycodone dealer and drug trafficker in an undercover operation Wednesday at 3285 Normandy Dr., in Port Charlotte.
Arrested were Ashley Marie Cox, 21, 1196 Vinita Ave., Port Charlotte, and Jeremy Steven Barger, 23, of the home where the drug deal occurred. Once a quantity of Oxycodone pills were purchased from Cox and Barger, back up units moved in and made the arrests.
Detectives said Cox sold Crack Cocaine in an undercover operation June 24 in the parking lot of a pharmacy at 2480 Tamiami Trail that led to yesterdays drug purchase at Barger’s home. Cox was charged with Trafficking in Oxycodone, Sale and Delivery of Crack Cocaine and Possession of Crack Cocaine. Barger and Cox were charged with Sale and Delivery of Oxycodone and Possession of Oxycodone from the sale Wednesday. They were transported to the Charlotte County Jail; Cox posted an $11,000 bond, Barger posted a $7,500 bond and they were released.
If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend