|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 4:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 1:30 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A homeless Orlando man felt so bad after robbing a woman that he walked up to a sheriff's deputy and turned himself in.
Claude Meeks was taken into custody Friday after he walked up to a deputy in a parking lot and said, "I've done something bad."
The 41-year-old allegedly admitted rushing into a check-cashing store and grabbing the money out of a woman's hands. Meeks apologized and said he stole because he was addicted to drugs.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash