|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 3:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 2:02 AM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla .- A Neo-Nazi group is trying to lure new members in Southwest Florida.
Some 500 flyers from the Aryan Nations were passed out in Lee County last week. More than a dozen turned up in the front yards of several homes off Paradise Road on Sunday.
Residents say they were stunned to read the hate-filled messages and are upset they group would target their community. The neighborhood is near a Jewish center.
The Aryan Nations says its using the fliers as a recruitment tool.
The sheriff's office has not received any complaints and is not looking into the matter.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story