|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 6:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 3:04 AM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla. - A pit bull was taken by Collier County Domestic Animal Services after it bit a baby.
The child's mother tells a traumatic story of protecting her one year old daughter after her roommate's pit bull got a a hold of the child's fingers through it's cage.
The owner of the dog tells WINK News she and her dog aren't the ones to blame. She claims the girl's mother does a poor job of watching the kids.
The dog will be held by DAS for up to 10 days while it's checked for rabies. A spokesperson for the agency believes the dog will be returned. The owner has plans to move out in the next couple of weeks.
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- SB I-75 reopens after dump truck hit overpass
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Naples man claims coworker set him on fire
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital