|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 6:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 3:04 AM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla. - A pit bull was taken by Collier County Domestic Animal Services after it bit a baby.
The child's mother tells a traumatic story of protecting her one year old daughter after her roommate's pit bull got a a hold of the child's fingers through it's cage.
The owner of the dog tells WINK News she and her dog aren't the ones to blame. She claims the girl's mother does a poor job of watching the kids.
The dog will be held by DAS for up to 10 days while it's checked for rabies. A spokesperson for the agency believes the dog will be returned. The owner has plans to move out in the next couple of weeks.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling