|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 4:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 1:20 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a man who allegedly sold the same house to two different owners and pocketed the money rather than paying off the mortgage.
Michael Chinloy was booked into Palm Beach County jail Tuesday on charges of grand theft and organized scheme to defraud.
Investigators say the 46-year-old pocketed at least $86,000 from the scam.
One couple said they paid Chinloy more than $120,000 in a two-year span after he promised to help them get a mortgage. Instead, authorities say he pocketed the cash and let the house fall into foreclosure.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest