|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 4:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 1:20 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a man who allegedly sold the same house to two different owners and pocketed the money rather than paying off the mortgage.
Michael Chinloy was booked into Palm Beach County jail Tuesday on charges of grand theft and organized scheme to defraud.
Investigators say the 46-year-old pocketed at least $86,000 from the scam.
One couple said they paid Chinloy more than $120,000 in a two-year span after he promised to help them get a mortgage. Instead, authorities say he pocketed the cash and let the house fall into foreclosure.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs