|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Highway Patrol car parked by the side of Interstate 4 was hit while the trooper was investigating another crash.
FHP reports that Trooper Ronald McKelvin had parked his patrol car on the shoulder with its lights on in Volusia County Tuesday.
He was outside the car when 46-year-old Julie Osowiecki reportedly lost control of her car and hit the rear of the patrol car. She was taken to an Orlando hospital with minor injuries. The trooper was not hurt.
FHP says charges are pending.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect