|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 1:12 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Comedian Aziz Ansari has been chosen to headline this year's Gator Growl at the University of Florida.
The star of the NBC comedy "Parks and Recreation" also recently hosted the 2010 MTV Movie Awards. He will perform at this fall's show in Gainesville.
Gator Growl is billed as the world's largest student-run pep rally, attracting people from all over the state. The homecoming tradition is in its 87th year.
Previous comedians include Robin Williams and Jerry Seinfeld. Musical acts such as Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Steve Miller Band also have performed at the show.
Gator Growl spokesman Bryan Griffin says this year's show will feature a second comedian but no musical act. The second comedian is expected to be announced next week.
The show is Oct. 15.
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral