|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 11:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 2:10 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral Police have arrested the father of an 8-week-old girl and charged him in the child’s death. Miklos Ovon Blackmore (DOB: 02/09/1986) has been charged with Aggravated Manslaughter, a first-degree felony, in the death of Shy-Ana Blackmore.
On January 29 at 6:51 p.m., Cape Police responded to a 911 call from Shy-Ana’s mother, Sabine Cadet. She and Blackmore were taking Shy-Ana to the hospital because the infant was not breathing. Shy-Ana was pronounced dead at 9:31 p.m. The Medical Examiner’s Office subsequently determined that the cause of death was due to multiple blunt force trauma and physical abuse.
During the investigation, Cape Coral Police Detective Paul Kaye found that Blackmore had been alone with Shy-Ana prior to when she began having difficulty breathing. Based on the evidence, Cape Coral Police determined that probable cause existed to charge Blackmore with the death of his daughter.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Landlord accused in lead paint case