|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 4:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 1:14 PM EDT|
SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) - An 11-year-old Hernando County student was arrested on his first day of school after reportedly threatening a female classmate with a knife.
The sheriff's office reports that the boy and girl were in gym class at Challenger K-8 Monday when the two started arguing. The boy reportedly pulled the knife from his pocket, opened the blade and pointed it at the girl.
The girl ran away and told the teacher. The boy acknowledged to the teacher and an assistant principal he threatened the girl with the knife.
The boy was initially taken to the county jail. The Department of Juvenile Justice was contacted and the boy was released to his parents.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Accuser in Winston case releases brief statement
- Cape Coral FD investigates meth lab found in the woods
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti