|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 5:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 2:04 AM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Rick Scott has defeated Attorney General Bill McCollum in the Republican primary for governor.
After walking up to the podium Tuesday night Scott declared, "The people of Florida have spoken and I like what they said!"
Scott's speech came just an hour after Bill McCollum announced he would not concede the race.
"At the end of the day we don't know the results," said McCollum.
Scott had 46 percent of the vote and McCollum 43 percent with 92 percent of precincts reporting late Tuesday night.
Scott will face Democrat Alex Sink in the Nov. 2 general election.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms