|Published:||Aug 25, 2010 5:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2010 2:04 AM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Rick Scott has defeated Attorney General Bill McCollum in the Republican primary for governor.
After walking up to the podium Tuesday night Scott declared, "The people of Florida have spoken and I like what they said!"
Scott's speech came just an hour after Bill McCollum announced he would not concede the race.
"At the end of the day we don't know the results," said McCollum.
Scott had 46 percent of the vote and McCollum 43 percent with 92 percent of precincts reporting late Tuesday night.
Scott will face Democrat Alex Sink in the Nov. 2 general election.
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Some adult arcades still open after ban
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- New home industry really coming back?
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal d
- Florida Leads U.S. in Vacated Foreclosure Homes
- Comedy night to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys