|Published:||Aug 24, 2010 12:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 7:56 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Bill McCollum and Rick Scott are doing as much last minute campaigning as possible. Both republicans are vying to be Florida's governor, and covered much of the state Monday.
McCollum made stops in Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, West Palm Beach and Winter Park. Rick Scott was in Miami, Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville.
A new poll showed McCollum leading Scott 39 percent to 35 percent in the race for the republican nomination.
Both campaigns continue to release negative ads - something WINK News political analyst Ben Polk says could lead to a high-turnout at the polls Tuesday.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday