|Published:||Aug 24, 2010 8:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2010 5:46 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - A Lehigh Acres man stole a golf cart from a church, but didn't get far.
Deputies said Patrick Dawson took a golf cart from Christ United Methodist church and drove it swerving down Archdale Street.
Witnesses spotted the man and initially thought he was a volunteer.
After talking with church workers, the witness realized Dawson was no volunteer, but a thief.
Witnesses flagged down a deputy driving by and Dawson was arrested.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape