|Published:||Aug 24, 2010 5:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2010 1:27 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - A gas line break at the Publix in Lehigh Acres shut down businesses and traffic for more than an hour Tuesday.
The gas line runs from Gateway to Colonial.
This happened just after 11:00 am near the corner of S.R. 82 and Lee Boulevard. The road reopened around 12:30 pm.
The eastbound lane of S.R. 82 was closed from Lee Boulevard to just past the Sherwood neighborhood for about an hour.
A construction crew broke an 8 inch pipe causing the leak.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41