|Published:||Aug 24, 2010 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2010 1:13 PM EDT|
CLERMONT, Fla. (AP) - A 4-year-old boy appears to have drowned in a pool at a central Florida resort.
The Lake County Sheriff's Office reports that deputies and paramedics tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate Mahki Smith early Monday morning at the Summer Bay Resort in Clermont. The child was discovered underwater around midnight.
The boy's grandmother told deputies that she took other children to the bathroom and had left the boy in the pool area for about three minutes. The boy was taken to an Osceola County, where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy will determine the official cause of death.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters