|Published:||Aug 24, 2010 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2010 1:13 PM EDT|
CLERMONT, Fla. (AP) - A 4-year-old boy appears to have drowned in a pool at a central Florida resort.
The Lake County Sheriff's Office reports that deputies and paramedics tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate Mahki Smith early Monday morning at the Summer Bay Resort in Clermont. The child was discovered underwater around midnight.
The boy's grandmother told deputies that she took other children to the bathroom and had left the boy in the pool area for about three minutes. The boy was taken to an Osceola County, where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy will determine the official cause of death.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld