|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 10:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 7:19 PM EDT|
DELAND, Fla. (AP) - A DeLand woman was reportedly killed when a tree fell on the truck she was riding in during a storm.
Police say 51-year-old Jeannie Scott was riding with her husband in their pickup Sunday afternoon when a tree fell toward the road.
The tree smashed the vehicle's roof as it went under. The truck then continued into a ditch and hit another tree.
Scott was killed during the crash, and her husband, 49-year-old Douglas Scott, was taken to a Daytona Beach hospital in critical condition.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors