|Published:||Aug 23, 2010 10:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2010 7:19 PM EDT|
DELAND, Fla. (AP) - A DeLand woman was reportedly killed when a tree fell on the truck she was riding in during a storm.
Police say 51-year-old Jeannie Scott was riding with her husband in their pickup Sunday afternoon when a tree fell toward the road.
The tree smashed the vehicle's roof as it went under. The truck then continued into a ditch and hit another tree.
Scott was killed during the crash, and her husband, 49-year-old Douglas Scott, was taken to a Daytona Beach hospital in critical condition.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit